Looking for a fun activity you can do with your baby? One where your baby will be introduced to a world of new sensory experiences through sounds, smells, lights, play and textures – all in a soothing and relaxed environment? Baby Sensory Central Coast is a multi-award-winning baby class designed for bubs from birth to 13 months, and having enrolled our own Playing in Puddles’ babies in these classes, we can assure you that they are truly wonderful.
We’re thrilled to share three bits of news with you!
- Baby Sensory now has a permanent home: their very own headquarters in Erina! This dedicated space is now the heart of all Baby Sensory adventures, which is fantastic as it means their ever-expanding prop supply isn’t restricted to the boot of a car.
- Come and celebrate “Baby’s First Christmas” with Baby Sensory. This special, one-off casual session is a wonderful way to see what Baby Sensory is all about! During the Baby’s First Christmas session, families can take part in a variety of fun festive-themed activities, as well as check out their fabulous Exploratory Play Area!
- Term 1 2024 classes are now open for bookings. Many classes book out quite quickly and they always have waitlists, so don’t dilly dally on joining. Parents, we recommend you add these classes to your baby’s Christmas wish list! And grandparents, be the awesome nan or pop and gift this beautiful experience: it brings far more happiness than “stuff”.
Read on to discover all about Baby Sensory’s classes and our personal experience attending them. Believe us, they’re a joy!
Celebrate “Baby’s First Christmas” with a special festive Baby Sensory class – open to everyone!
Want to see what Baby Sensory is all about? Head along to their one-off “Baby’s First Christmas” event this December! During the session, babies will get to “Rock Around the Christmas Tree”, watch a festive puppet show, and enjoy a bunch of festive-themed activities involving sensory play, dance and bubbles. You’ll also have time to play in the Christmas-themed Exploratory Play Area full of perfect photo opportunities that’ll make your little one the star of Insta.
For parents, this will be a great opportunity to explore the brand new dedicated space, while creating some magical “First Christmas” memories with your baby and their family.
Be quick, one session has already sold out!
Who can attend? Your booking is for 1 baby and 2 adults (siblings are also welcome for just $5 extra).
When: Saturday 16th December. 9.30am – 10.30am – for babies aged birth to 6 months | 11am – 12pm – for babies aged 6 to 13 months | 12.30pm – 1.30pm – for babies aged birth to 13 months.
Where: Baby Sensory headquarters, 5/13 Bonnal Road, Erina.
Cost: $40 per baby attending with up to 2 adults. Sibling $5 extra. Price includes Sensory session, exploratory play time and a gift for both baby and sibling.
There is a very limited number of spaces for these classes so book early to avoid disappointment!!
Contact: Call Sam on 0490 412 928 or email [email protected] .
We’ve enrolled our own tots in Baby Sensory. Here’s why Playing in Puddles loves it!
Baby Sensory classes are a real joy to take part in, and no matter where you are on your parenting journey, you’ll find them a truly special opportunity to bond with your baby.
If you’re a first-time mum…
- Taking care of a new baby can sometimes feel a little groundhog-day-ish as each day blurs into the next in a routine of wake windows, feeds and nappy changes. Baby Sensory classes provide a very welcome event and escape from the house each week, and we’ve heard many new mums claim it to be their favourite part of their week.
- Day in and day out, you’re busy entertaining your little one, so Baby Sensory provides some really lovely time out for you – time when someone else comes up with the creative ideas for a little while.
- It’s an opportunity to meet other mums with bubs of a similar age – mums who you’ll likely connect with and catch up with at other times.
On the flip side, if you’re a working mum or a mum of multiples…
- Sometimes it can feel as though bub doesn’t get a lot of “you” time, as there’s always laundry to do, after-school activities to run to, work emails to answer and homework to help with. As a mum to three and the editor of Playing in Puddles, this is where I’ve found Baby Sensory to be truly special. It’s time in the week that I dedicate solely to bonding with my little one – without the distraction of housework, siblings, or work.
- This is fun play and you don’t have to pack up the mess!
The classes are run by local mum Sam – one of the happiest, smiliest and most welcoming humans you’re ever likely to meet.
During these gorgeous sessions, your baby will experience an enormous variety of sounds, smells, sights, textures, music, dance, signing, therapeutic games, bonding, and massage – all designed to support brain development, as well as social and emotional skills. But above all of this, and importantly for us, they’re really just a lot of fun.
Each week’s class has a unique theme and the props used are always different, exciting, and chosen to stimulate all of your senses throughout the class.
Here are some of the fun things you might experience in a class:
- Your baby could be invited to play with buckets of oats, to pop bubbles, to play peek-a-boo with puppets, to hide under a parachute hung with streamers.
- Sam often incorporates one dark session into each week in which she’ll invite babies to interact with beautiful glowing fibre optic lighting and LED pebbles, or even witness a giant winged butterfly adorned in fairy lights (Sam) flit about the room.
- We’ve each been given a cup of dried orange segments and cinnamon quills to smell… and most bubs can’t resist a taste too.
- Sam invites you to sing nursery rhymes and songs (using sign language too) and hands out shakers, rattles and bells.
If you love attending educational classes you’ll be pleased to hear that Baby Sensory is a unique, evidence-based program designed to promote learning and development in your baby’s first year of life. And, likewise, if you simply love creating memories and having fun with your baby, this is a beautiful session that you’ll truly cherish attending each week. We highly recommend you join in.
Bookings for Term 1 2024 are now open… and booking out fast. Here are all the details.
Where: Baby Sensory headquarters, 5/13 Bonnal Road, Erina.
When: Multiple sessions. See their website for days and times.
Who: Babies – from newborn up to 13 months. And their carers.
Cost: A ten-week term costs $220 for the 45-minute class and $230 for the 1-hour class. If you join part-way through a term the cost is adjusted accordingly.
Mothers Group discount: Baby Sensory is currently offering a Mother’s Group discount. $15 discount for groups of 4 or more who book the whole Term together OR a $5 discount if you all want to try a class. Please text 0490412928 for the code (and tell them Playing in Puddles sent you).
Contact: Call 0490 412 928 or email [email protected] .
Magical Baby Parties with Baby Sensory Central Coast
PLUS, in addition to their gorgeous term time classes, they do parties too – we can’t think of a better to celebrate a Christening or your baby’s first year around the sun!
Whether you’re organising a a baby’s first birthday party, a Christening, a wedding, or quite frankly, any event that involves the whole family coming together, Baby Sensory will provide you with the ultimate baby entertainment setup!
Whatever your event, they’ll make it magical, mesmerising, and memorable for you and your baby or child, and for your guests!
To find out more about booking Baby Sensory Central Coast NSW for your next special event, visit the Baby Sensory website.
Baby Sensory Central Coast NSW
Address: Baby Sensory headquarters, 5/13 Bonnal Road, Erina.
Phone: Sam 0490 412 928
Email: [email protected] .
Header image: Image from Baby Sensory Central Coast NSW
This feature was published on Playing in Puddles in partnership with Baby Sensory Central Coast NSW.
Written By: KATIE STOKES
Founder & Editor
After working in print and online media for more than a decade, Katie launched Playing in Puddles in 2017. A mum of two young boys and local of the Central Coast, Katie loves discovering and sharing all that’s happening in our region.
Subscribe to Playing in Puddles‘ newsletter to be kept in the know on the best of the Coast for kids.