Playgrounds, ovals and sports courts at eight Central Coast schools will be open for public use over the winter school holidays. The schools are opening as part of the NSW Department of Education’s “Share Our Space Program”. This program – first launched in summer – has encouraged 166 schools to open their gates these July holidays, and those numbers are expected to continue to grow as news of the scheme spreads.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said, “Schools across our State offer such valuable open and green spaces and it is great that instead of being locked away from the community over the holiday period, they will open for the community to enjoy.”
Participating schools receive a $5000 grant they can use to help upgrade their facilities for community and school use. Parents, tell your teachers and P&C about this great scheme, so your school, too, can get involved. Hopefully next holidays we can add even more locals schools to this list.
The following Central Coast schools will be open these July holidays (map of all participating schools below):
- Ettalong Public School – Karingi St, Ettalong Beach
- Avoca Beach Public School – The Round Drive, Avoca Beach
- Kincumber Public School – Avoca Drive, Kincumber
- Kulnura Public School – 9 Williams Rd, Kulnura
- Lisarow Public School – 17 MacDonalds Road, Lisarow
- Northlakes High School – Brava Ave, San Remo
- Peats Ridge Public School – 1231 Peats Ridge Road, Peats Ridge
- Somersby Public School – Wisemans Ferry Rd, Gosford
The schools will be open for public use from 9-20 July 2018, between 8am to 5pm.
No results found in this location. Please try again.