Playgrounds, ovals and sports courts at 10 Central Coast schools will be open for public use over the Summer school holidays. Point Clare Public is a new Coastie addition these holidays.
Dates: 22 December 2018 – 25 January 2019.
Opening times: 8am-6pm. 7 days a week, including public holidays.
The schools are opening as part of the NSW Department of Education’s “Share Our Space Program”. This program – first launched 12 months ago – has encouraged more than 230 schools state-wide to open their gates these Summer holidays, and those numbers are expected to continue to grow as news of the scheme spreads.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said, “Schools across our State offer such valuable open and green spaces and it is great that instead of being locked away from the community over the holiday period, they will open for the community to enjoy.”
Participating schools receive a $5000 grant they can use to help upgrade their facilities for community and school use. Parents, tell your teachers and P&C about this great scheme, so your school, too, can get involved. Hopefully next holidays we can add even more locals schools to this list.
The following Central Coast schools are open these Summer holidays (map of all participating schools below):
- Ettalong Public School – Karingi St, Ettalong Beach
- Avoca Beach Public School – The Round Drive, Avoca Beach
- Kincumber Public School – Avoca Drive, Kincumber
- Kulnura Public School – 9 Williams Rd, Kulnura
- Lisarow Public School – 17 MacDonalds Road, Lisarow
- Northlakes High School – Brava Ave, San Remo
- Peats Ridge Public School – 1231 Peats Ridge Road, Peats Ridge
- Somersby Public School – Wisemans Ferry Rd, Gosford
- Holgate Public School – RMB 5255 Wattle Tree Rd Holgate
- Point Clare Public – Takari Ave, Point Clare
The schools will be open for public use from 22 December 2018 – 25 January 2019 (8am-6pm).
No results found in this location. Please try again.
Want to see what schools are participating across the state? Click here for a map and list.