There’s nothing quite like having a real Christmas tree in your living room. The smell of pine needles rings in the festive season and just begs for you to pour a glass of eggnog and put on the carols.
When you buy a real Christmas tree the whole day becomes one of ceremony and excitement. Decorating the tree with baubles and tinsel is only half the fun; the first and most exciting task for little ones – and adults too – is choosing the tree.
The wonderful volunteers of local Rotary Clubs of Erina, Kariong-Somersby, Northlakes Toukley and Woy Woy are once again selling real Christmas trees across the Central Coast.
Price: It’s $80/tree (some very large trees may be more). They take eftpos or cash, and all proceeds goes to supporting local charity Grandparents Raising Grandchildren and other Rotary Central Coast projects.
When: Weekends of 1-2 and 8-9 December from 7am until sold out (they sell out early; normally by 10am, so don’t sleep in!)
Where: They sell Christmas trees at multiple venues across the Central Coast (scroll down for a map of all locations):
- Fagan Park, cnr Brisbane Water Drive & Jirrah Avenue, Point Clare.
- Ourimbah RSL Parking Lot, 6-20 Pacific Highway, Ourimbah.
- Rotary Park, Terrigal Drive (next to the fire station), Terrigal.
- Anaconda Parking Lot, Central Coast Highway, West Gosford.
- Bateau Bay Golf Range, 466 The Entrance Road, Bateau Bay.
- Commuter Car Park, Railway Street (between Station Street and Charlton Street), Woy Woy.
- Bunnings Lake Haven, cnr Lakehaven Drive & Charmhaven Road, Charmhaven.
Phone 0499 042 864 for more details.
Price: $10 deposit to tag a tree. Trees are $8 per foot – i.e. $48-$80 per tree depending on the size. Most trees are 6-8 foot; some are larger. You can take the tree home yourself or have your tree delivered anywhere on the Central Coast for $25. Need a tree stand? They’re $35.
Open: They’re open 10am-5pm 7 days/week starting 19 November.