You want your event to stand out, right? Follow our tips to ensure you make the best use of your listing space and get numbers through your door.
* You can do this on a smartphone, but it’s far easier on a desktop or laptop.
How do I list my event on Playing in Puddles?
- Click on “Submit an event”.
- New user? Welcome, we’re very excited to have you join out little community. Click on “New user? Register now.” Enter your name, email and password of your choice in the box named “Sign up now”, then hit “Register now”. If you’ve already signed up, log in using your registered email address and password.
- Click on “Add listing”.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Event”.
You can add an event for free*, but if you want to super-boost your event and gain maximum exposure, choose one of our packages.
Businesses – link business
If you’re listed on our Business Directory you can link your event to your business listing. Start typing your name in the box, then select your business name. To make it super fast to enter your event click on “Fill in Business Details”. This will auto-fill your address, phone number, etc.
Import Details from Social
If you have a Facebook page, let the computer do some of the heavy lifting for you. Simply copy the event URL from your Facebook page (the format should be https://www.facebook.com/events/…) and paste it in the box labelled “Enter Facebook page/event” and hit “Import details”. This will automatically import details – such as event title, description, address, a photo, etc – from your Facebook page onto your Playing in Puddles listing. Please be sure to double check, of course, that everything has been imported correctly.
If you have a recurring event, select “yes”.
Event duration (important!): e.g. if it’s a two-day festival the event duration is 2. If it’s an event that runs for 3 weeks, but the event itself only runs for a few hours each day the event duration is 1. If you are running a workshop that people have to attend from start to finish please just select a start date (leave the end date off).
Repeats: Select appropriate time frame. If it’s a little complicated I find it easiest to click “custom” and then manually select the appropriate days.
Different Event Times: If your event runs at different times on different days, select this option, so you can add a different time to each day.
Times: Unfortunately the software only allows one time to be selected per day. If you have multiple events on the one day, add the exact times in your description and then provide an umbrella time-frame here to cover all events. e.g. if your theatre has a matinee performance that runs from 12pm-2pm and then an evening show from 6pm-8pm on the same day, have the time run from 12pm-8pm.
This is for venues that run multiple events, such as a cinema, theatres, etc. You can see an example of Event Cinemas Tuggerah’s listings here.
Once you tick the box, you will be given the option to “Lock Franchise Fields”. Lock details such as your address, phone number, email, website, etc, so that you don’t have to type them in each time you add an extra class/location, etc.
Want to add a new event to your franchise? Simply click on one of your listings and in the right column you’ll see “+ Add Franchise”. Click on this and add your next event.
Enter Listing Details
- Business owner/associate: As you will be managing the listing, please tick yes.
- Title: Please list your event name in Title Case. It helps to add the location too. e.g. “Moana” screening at Event Cinemas Tuggerah.
- Description: Your description can include up to 1000 characters.
- Category: Please select an appropriate parent category. If a box appears with the wording “Add listing in category” please select an appropriate sub-category for your listing. If you feel that your business doesn’t fit one of the categories available, please choose one for now (we can modify it later) and then contact Katie (email@example.com).
- Website and social media sites: Ensure you include “https://www.” at the start of your URL for all sites.
- Admin contact: Please provide the name, job title, phone number and email for the person we are best to contact should we have any queries about your listing (this information will not be published on the website).
If you have signed up to the Quick Event Package or Premium Event Package you will able to enter the URL of a video here. Please ensure the URL includes details such as https://www.
Offers are an excellent way for your event to attract new customers and generate buzz. They’re also an ideal way for you to gauge how many new enquiries you’re getting as a result of your Playing in Puddles listing. Think about what kind of offer will work best for your event: are people more likely to come if you offer a discount? Maybe you could waiver the entry fee? Or why not throw in a free coffee voucher with every ticket purchased?
In the text, be sure to include the following information:
- What the offer is
- How customers get the offer (e.g. Mention “Playing in Puddles” to get the offer)
- Any Terms and Conditions (e.g. expiry date, is it valid for existing clients?, etc)
If you have a franchise listing, you can duplicate your image from your main listing by clicking the box in the top right corner.
The old adage “a picture is worth a thousand words” rings true. Make sure you post a quality image that immediately identifies what your event is all about and that resonates with our readers. A picture of your venue is great, but it’s not particularly emotive and it doesn’t encourage readers to attend your event over another one.
- Landscape images (rather than portrait) look best in the slideshow.
- Resize images for web use. Ideally they should be resized to 600 pixels (wide) x 400 pixels (high) and be less than 200kb.
- If you’ve never resized images before and this all sounds far too confusing, don’t worry: just use Web Resizer – it’s free and very simple to use.
How do I edit my event?
Already have an event listed but want to make a few changes? That’s easy.
- Click on “Log in”.
- Log in using your registered email address and password. If you can’t remember your password, click on “forgot password?” and your password will be emailed to you (make sure you check your junk folder too).
- Click on “My Listings”.
- Make your changes and hit “Review your listing”. Voila!
- Search for your event in our What’s On Calendar.
- Open your event.
- In the right column there is a box that says, “Edit This Post”. Click on this.
* Please allow seven days for your event details to be reviewed and published. Events are listed on the Playing in Puddles website at our discretion. Not all events will be promoted on our social media pages and newsletter: again, this is at our discretion.