If you’re hosting an event aimed at Central Coast children or families, we’d love you to list it on Playing in Puddles. Whether it be a theatre performance, school holiday class, local market or school fete, as long as it’s something likely to interest local families, we’re very happy to spread the word.
You can add an event to our What’s On Calendar for free*, but if you want to super-boost your event and gain maximum exposure, check out our packages below.
Why you should promote your event on Playing in Puddles
- It’s multi-channeled: We promote events on our Facebook and Instagram pages, plus in our newsletter, so you can reach your audience through multiple channels and get triple the exposure.
- It’s featured: We write articles outlining our picks of upcoming events (with priorities given to our partner businesses) – these are extremely popular with our readers. Here are examples of previous articles: School Holiday fun, Halloween events, Shows to book this Spring.
- It’s targeted: Our readers are Central Coast mums (primarily), dads, carers and grandparents. They live on the Coast, play on the Coast and want to know (and easily find) everything that the Coast has to offer their families.
- It’s active: Unlike a regular ad, your Playing in Puddles event listing isn’t dormant. The control of the listing remains with you, so you can update it whenever you like.
- It’s local: Playing in Puddles is written and developed on the Central Coast by a local mummy. We’re all about linking local families with local events. If your event specifically targets local families, there’s no better place to list.
- It’s accessible. This generation lives online. They lose flyers, toss catalogues and skim read newspapers, but they will rarely leave the house (if even the room) without their phone. This means your Playing in Puddles event is available to them 24/7.
- It’s social. Your listing has links to all of your social platforms – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – so potential clients can connect and follow you instantly.
What are the Event Package options?
- Our articles outlining our picks of upcoming events, such as School Holiday fun, Halloween events, Shows to book this Spring, and their associated promotions on social media and in our newsletter.
- Our Friday afternoon “Weekend What’s On” posts on Facebook and Instagram.
- Our “Weekend What’s On” feature in our newsletter (with direct link to your event).
- General posts about our What’s On Calendar.
|FREE EVENT LISTING
||QUICK EVENT PACKAGE
||SOCIAL EVENT PACKAGE
||PREMIUM EVENT PACKAGE
|WHAT’S ON CALENDAR
|Images||5 images||5 images||5 images||5 images|
|Description||1000 characters||1000 characters||1000 characters||1000 characters|
|Address, phone and email link
|Links to your Facebook, Insta & Twitter pages
|Categories *||YES (up to 2)||YES (up to 6)||YES (up to 6)||YES (up to 10)|
|Add Franchises *||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Facebook post||NO||YES (4 total: 2 event posts + 2 comp posts)||YES (6 total: 1 event post/quarter + 2 comp posts)||YES (10 total: 6 event posts/year + 4 comp posts)|
|Instagram post||NO||YES (4 total: 2 event posts & 2 comp posts)||YES (6 total: 1 event post/quarter + 2 comp posts)||YES (10 total: 6 event posts/year + 4 comp posts)|
|Competition||NO||YES (1)||YES (1/year)||YES (2/year)|
|Newsletter||NO||YES (1)||YES (1/year)||YES (2/year)|
|COST & TIMING
||$199: 3 months||$200: 1 year||$300: 1 year|
What is banner advertising?
Want more eyeballs on your event? Want it to remain “top of mind” when people are wondering what to do? Banner Advertising gives your event maximum exposure on Playing in Puddles. Prices start from $100/month. Contact Katie at email@example.com for more details.
My event is coming up soon. I want to promote it now.
Want to give your event a super-charged promotion? Want to get word out there now? The Quick Event Package is for you. This package is perfect for one-off events or if you’re short on lead time before your event kicks off.
What does “Featured” mean?
To increase your event’s visibility, get Featured status. This places your event at the top of the list of upcoming events to ensure your event is one of the first that people see. This helps to give your event maximum standout, even weeks or months before the big day.
What do “Categories” mean?
Events are listed under specific categories. For example, a festival could be listed under two main categories – “school holiday fun” and “special event” and then further filtered by the sub-category, “fairs & festivals”. The more categories your event sits under, the greater its exposure and the more places it will be found when people search for what’s on.
What’s the advantage of adding “Franchises”?
Multiple events/classes at the one venue: Enabling the franchise feature on your event listing ensures that locals will be able to see ALL of the classes/events you offer. An example of this is The Yoga Collective at Terrigal. They run pre-natal yoga classes, mums n bubs classes, and kids yoga classes. With the franchise feature enabled, they are able to have a separate listing for each of these classes. See The Yoga Collective’s listing (below left) as an example. Likewise, Events Cinemas Tuggerah list all their films as separate events under the one franchise, so people can easily search for all of their upcoming screenings.
Multiple Locations: Enabling the franchise feature on your listing ensures that readers will be able to see ALL of the locations you operate out of and to search for your event by location. If you operate out of three locations, for example, you’ll have three listings – one for each location. And all of these listings are linked together. See Ready Steady Go Kids Central Coast listing (below right) as an example.
Multiple offerings: Do you have your hand in many pies? e.g. do you run school holiday classes, baby classes and adult classes? If so, we encourage you to use the franchise feature, so you can tell people about ALL aspects of your business. See the Ready Steady Go Kids listing (below right) for an example of how, with the franchise feature enabled, you can showcase ALL aspects of your business under the one Business Listing (in this case they are showcasing their kids classes and kids party packages).
I want to run a competition on Playing in Puddles. What’s involved?
We host and run competitions on our website and social media pages. This exposure includes a feature on the Playing in Puddles homepage and competition page, plus 2 posts on both Facebook and Instagram. If you are interested in running a competition on Playing in Puddles, please contact Katie on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell me about your newsletter
Our newsletter is bi-monthly and has an open and click-through rate 900% higher than the industry average. You can see past examples here.
Join Playing in Puddles’ advertisers mailing list
Want to know how you can be promoted MORE on Playing in Puddles? Sign up to the Playing in Puddles advertisers mailing list. Don’t worry, we won’t bombard you with emails (they’re only sent every couple of months), and as a subscriber you’ll be the first to hear about advertising specials and promotion opportunities.
* Please allow seven days for your event details to be reviewed and published. Events are listed on the Playing in Puddles website at our discretion. If you would like further information about promoting your events on Playing in Puddles, please email Katie: email@example.com.