Did you know that the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley has a new kids’ water park? Yep – it opened earlier this year so if you’ve not had the opportunity to pay it a visit yet, the Summer holidays couldn’t be a better time!
Boasting two storeys of aquatic fun, the water park comes complete with water cannons, flumes, jets, an assortment of slides and a grape bucket that fills with 600 litres of water before emptying over the crowd in one enormous splash!
It’s the one and only water park in the Hunter Valley, so it’s bound to be super popular with kids and adults who put fun first in their vacations. (Scroll down to watch the video).
It’s yet ANOTHER reason why the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley is one of our favourite Australian family resorts! Want to know some of the others?
Did you know…
- The resort has its own Venetian carousel, a jumping castle, a mini train that does laps of the resort and a large resort-style pool!
- They run heaps of school holiday activities – read on to hear what’s on offer this Summer!
- And, the piece de resistance, A KIDS CLUB! ( Yes, we saw you sit up and take notice of that one!)
Plus, let’s not forget the spa and award-winning restaurant for the adults! Read on and we’ll fill you in on all the adult fun…
They have a Kids Club!
SO back to that Kids Club: because we know that you want to hear more about that! The Water Dragon’s Kids’ Club is the ultimate mini-resort where kids can join in a heap of supervised arts, crafts, games, and activities while the adults enjoy a little bit of ‘grown-up time’.
The kids club zone has its own playground complete with a climbing frame, slippery dips, rope climbs and activity boards – all sat on a massive sandpit. There are stacks of toys – think trucks, soccer balls, hula hoops, buckets and spades, loads of arts and crafts and huge games.
And during the holidays they put on a host of activities for the kids. Visit the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley website to see what’s happening at the Kids’ Club this Summer break!
School Holiday Activities This Summer
These school holidays, the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley is also hosting a heap of fun classes for your little tikes.
- Jumping castle: Children will run wild for hours on the resort’s jumping castle.
- Pony rides: Head out for an equine adventure and ride a pony at the Lovedale Horse Rescue facility.
- Pizza making classes: They’ll roll the dough, scatter the toppings, watch it bake in the oven, and then – perhaps the best bit – eat their creation. View dates and learn more here.
- Crowne Cinema: Nestle in for the night watching an outdoor movie at the Crowne Plaza onsite cinema.
- Kids’ Christmas donut and cookie decorating: Let your kids get creative and hands on with some Christmas inspired decorating!
- Clucking Cottage: Gather the eggs from the onsite chicken coop for breakfast.
- Prawn peeling contest: Get messy and take part in a prawn peeling contest – this one’s not for the faint-hearted!
Adults, did we mention the spa and award-winning restaurant, too?
The Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley is a resort that’s determined to be as much a holiday for the adults as well as the kids. While your kids delight in the fun of the Kids Club, you can take some much-deserved time out for yourself, too – a game of tennis, a hit of golf, a bike ride around the vineyards, a quiet (and oh-so-rare) long lunch for two at the Lovedale Bar!
The onsite Ubika spa offers a heap of treatments guaranteed to lull you into holiday mode. The Ultimate Indulgence treatment is one that well lives up to its name – it’s a full day of pampering that includes a full-body exfoliation, body wrap, head massage, Vichy shower, Aroma Swedish massage, facial, eyelash tint, eyebrow wax and tint, and a 90-minute spa manicure and pedicure. Holy wow! Sign us up.
They have 2- and 3-bedroom villas perfect for families
The Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley has a heap of accommodation options – including a room with a private pool – but for families, the villas are where it’s at.
The 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom villas all come with a private kitchenette, separate lounge and dining area, private bathroom and your own private balcony or patio overlooking the resort. It’s the perfect option for families who want the convenience, luxury and facilities of a resort but the space and privacy of a single dwelling. It’s a win-win in all regards.
Want to book?
We’re so super lucky that this incredible family-friendly resort is just a hop, skip down the road from the Central Coast – making it perfect for both week-long holidays and last-minute overnight getaways. Both with or without the kids.
Want to book your next staycation with them? Book Here.
Address: 430 Wine Country Dr, Lovedale
Phone: 02 4991 0970
Written By: KATIE STOKES
Founder & Editor
After working in print and online media for more than a decade, Katie launched Playing in Puddles in 2017. A mum of two young boys and local of the Central Coast, Katie loves discovering and sharing all that’s happening in our region.